Belford Parish Council
The Parish includes Belford village, the civil parish of Middleton and Warenton ward, with a total population of 1373.
Belford is a historic Coaching and Market town with a thriving agricultural and industrial presence. The Village has a large conservation area and there are many listed buildings within the Parish. It includes part of the Northumberland Coast AONB. It is close to many attractions within North Northumberland and provides a hub encouraging tourists to stay in the village and surrounding area.
The village provides services to other settlements as well as the residents of the parish: there are schools, churches, a Health Centre, Bellview resource centre, a very active community group, shops, a golf course, a football club, hotels and pubs. The Ambulance service has a base on the outskirts and the Fire service operate from the village, with a retained crew. In addition, there are caravan sites, many self-catering businesses and an industrial estate. Several large companies and many small operate within the parish. Employment is provided by tourism as well as by the many businesses.
Belford has a strong community feeling. There is day care for the elderly at Bellview and care within the home. Volunteers play an important role in many areas.
Several clubs offer leisure and recreational activities and there is a Hidden History Museum, where local heritage and culture are celebrated and promoted.
The Parish council meets monthly at Bellview. There are 9 members representing Belford, 2 for Midddleton and 1 for Warenton.