Nunnykirk Parish Council
Nunnykirk Parish covers a large rural area with 53 properties and 125 parishioners.
Wingates is the only village within the parish. Wingates name is derived from ‘wind blowing through the gate’.
Wingates Village Institute is the only community building in our parish. It was built in 1915 by the Straker family to commemorate the 21st birthday of their daughter. The Wingates Village History Atlas is located within the Village Institute and is available on request for people to look at.