The Annual Meeting of the Brinkburn & Hesleyhurst Parish Council will be held on Tuesday 18th May 2021
at 7.00 p.m. online
On 6th May 2021, the Government ended the Covid-19 pandemic emergency regulations to allow local authority meetings to be held virtually. This ruling has been upheld by the High Court. The current state of the law means there is a conflict between the provisions in the Local Government Acts and provisions under Health & Safety and Covid restrictions.
In order to come to a decision on the format of its Annual Meeting, the Parish Council has had to consider further:
- the regulation that Parish Council Annual Meetings must take place between 10th May – 24th May 2021;
- the current Government’s advice on indoor face-to-face meetings;
- the advice of the National Association of Parish Councils advice on face-to face and virtual meetings;
- the Parish Council’s obligation for public access;
- the availability of open and safe venues during this period.
On balance, the decision has been taken that the safest and most accessible way to open this meeting to the public is to run the meeting on-line.
Join Zoom Meeting at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88046039518?pwd=d00zT0YrQTBBeE9keUJaUi9UWGE2Zz09
Enter Meeting ID: 880 4603 9518
Enter Passcode: 274784
You will then enter the waiting room and be allowed entry at the start of the meeting. The waiting room for the meeting will be open from 6.45 p.m.
Public questions must be submitted to the Clerk at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
Agenda and Minutes of the last Annual Meeting held 14th May 2019 will be found below.